Sunday, January 31, 2010

Proper Breakfast

So many people ask me what I eat for breakfast, and what I feed my kids for breakfast. If you know me, or even know just a little bit about me, you know that cereal is beyond rare at my kitchen table.

Breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day. It feeds your body all that it is missing due to what was used during your sleep (your body's natural repair time), and it gives you energy for the rest of the day.

Kids like and enjoy variety. For that reason it changes up, but a few items are almost a daily regular. Yogurt and fruit (mainly berries and cantelope) are a staple. Hard boiled or scrambled organic eggs are eaten often. Multi grain toasts or organic muesli are given often. This gives the kids colour, carbohydrates, pre and probiotics and protein... basically a well rounded start for the day.

As for me, my usual breakfast is 2 egg whites, 1/2 cup organic oatmeal and fresh fruit. On some ocassion I will go with 1 egg white and a yogurt, and twice a week I go with 1 egg white and 1 whole egg. The yolk is a great source of choline which is brain food. If I do not have my oatmeal, I often have muesli mixed with yogurt and berries or I enjoy flax or spelt toast.

If you are having a hard time getting a good breakfast, and need some pointers, please feel free to contact me via my websites www.ozzieocean.com or www.mytraineroz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment