Thursday, January 21, 2010

A step in the right direction

I am very proud to have earned all the certifications that I have. I spent many hours studying, and many hours training. I have taken in advise from others, tried new ideas, and read books to compliment my studies. I think that I can say that I am quite knowledgeable in the field of health, nutrition, and fitness.

I am not however, too smart to still learn more. For that reason I decided to take a course that is very similar to F.I.T which is the course offered by the YMCA. This course os offered by the YM-YWHA, which essentially is the Jewish version of the YMCA.

I wanted to get one more certification, and I wanted it to have international recognition. I am not planing on moving, but one never knows where life bings you.

I have figured out that I would like to try motivational speaking. I think if I can enlighten people to start believing in themselves, and seeing how living a healthy lifestyle can bring other positive changes, then I am doing god's work. I believe we are all here for a purpose, and after much trial and tribulation, my purpose is to help others see a new way.

I am not special in any specific way. Yes, i did survive serious open heart surgery at the age of 7. Yes,I did overcome serious addiction in my 20s, but that does not make me special. Anybody could have done the very same. The only difference is I found a reason within to fight to make my life what it deserved to be.

Now, I want to learn how to help others do that as well. I have no clue what training you need to be a motivational speaker, if any, so I am very open to ideas, suggestions, links, other blogs etc...

As for this new course, I look forward to the challenge that it will bring.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps 2010 is the year where we can finally petition the government to regulate this field and give it authentic criteria. Until this happens, it remains open to the subjective...I know I sound like a 'lefty' but you know me better than that!

    ReplyDelete