Saturday, January 2, 2010

Keep your immune system strong

I want all of my followers to know a few things;
-I do not believe in vaccinations, especially the flu shot
-This blog is aimed at EVERYBODY
-If we do not have our health, what really do we have?

So, now for the blog...

It's winter in the northern hemisphere, and in most of North America it is snowing, windy, cold, and perhaps even full of freezing rain. The good news is that spring is about 3 months away, the bad news, welcome to cold and flu season, especially if you have kids.

Building a balanced immune system is essential in keeping your health and preventing major illness. Those of us that are extremely active need to focus more on this, as when we put strain on our systems, our immune system is the first thing to "take a day off."

Through proper lifestyle and proper diet, your immune system can remain at prime level, and you can prevent certain illness. I will even go so far as to say this can HELP prevent or slow the progress of certain diseases.

Here is what I do to keep my immune system functioning.

First off, I do take an all natural gelcap multi vitamin each day with breakfast just to make sure my body gets all that it needs. (Please see my previous blog for more on that). I consume L-Glutamine twice a day. 10grams in my protein shake after my workout and 5grams prior to bed at night. This is not only for active people or athletes, L-Glutamine has benefits for everybody.

I make sure to eat as many colourful fruits and vegetables each day, allowing me to get my daily intake of vitamins and minerals. During the winter months (Nov 19th to April 5th - my wife's b-day to my son's b-day) I take 1 000 IU of Vitamin D, 400 IU of Vitamin E and 1000mg of Vitamin C. I also make sure to consume large amounts of anti-oxidants.

If you feel yourself getting sick,buying yogurt with prebiotics and probiotics can boost your immune system, and will likely prevent gastro-intestinal issues. This is extremely relevant for children who are in constant contact with other ill children.

I must say this though, if you or your child has an ear or throat infection, reduce dairy to a minimum or delete it from their diets for a few days. This way the bacteria has nothing to feed on.

Wash your hands often, but don't get to OCD about it, we need certain bacteria to build immunity. Sneeze and cough into your sleeve, and most important, wash your toothbrush in boiling water once a week to kill bacteria that stays on them.

Boiling water with lemon and honey is great to prevent and cure throat soreness, and if you buy organic honey, it has certain natural anti-biotic properties.

If you want more info on this,please feel free to contact me. www.mytraineroz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment