Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Plyo Circuits

Many people know that I love lifting heavy weights. I do not necessarily strive to be a bodybuilder, but my body is my temple, and I want a well sculpted temple! Part of a well sculpted body means low body fat percentage and little to no fat around the "belly" area. I do have a small belly... for now!

If you happened to be at the gym where I trained today at 11am, you would have witnessed what I call a Plyo Circuit followed by an ab workout and then HIIT cardio. It is perfect for burning fat, improving speed and balance as well as overall athletic ability.

So, what are Plyo Circuits... basically it is a circuit of different plyometric exercises. Do a set of 3 exercises, rest for 30 seconds and then do them again. I went 4 rounds of 3 sets and then changed them up.

I also incorporated jumping on and off platforms, push-ups, swiss ball sit-ups, bosu ball squats and deadlifts, and of course jumping rope.

I plan on doing this 3 days a week and mixing in 3 days of heavy lifting. That should just about sculpt my body. Diet wise I am eating only real foods... no bars, and my protein is all natural.

I am allowing high carb breakfasts, and carbs post workout... THAT'S IT!!! The rest of my meals are lean protein, vegetables and essential fats.

Don't forget to follow my daily progress on twitter @trainwithoz

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment